When you say anti-aging, Dermatologists say RETINOL. It is also known as Vitamin A, what is said to be the “gold standard” in everything related to anti-aging. From what I’ve gathered, it has been tested and proven that Retinol reduces lines and wrinkles, unclogs pores, boosts collagen and speeds up cell turnover to even out discolorations and smooth textures.
As a woman in her 30s, all I wish for right now is to age gracefully, which is why I’ve been searching for Retinol products that I could try. I’m just too hesitant since I have hyper sensitive skin and it’s more than likely that this would either break me out or purge me. The search was tedious but the skin care gods have heard me and Tiam, a well-known Korean beauty brand, has chosen me to review one of their latest releases called Vita A Anti-Wrinkle Moisturizer.
Tiam was formerly known as C20, and I’m sure that beauty enthusiasts have heard about or used their most popular product, the “My Signature C Source” Vitamin C serum. But we’re not talking about that now. So Tiam introduced the new Vitamin Family member Vita A Moisturizer on December last year. It claims that this was formulated with 1.1% Retinyl Palmitate, a stable form of Retinol and 1% fish collagen to smooth fine lines and wrinkles while improving skin’s firmness. If you have sensitive skin like me, I suggest you read on until the end before you decide whether to get one for yourself or was it just overhyped?
WHAT IT IS:
It is an anti-aging moisturizer that is formulated with a high content of collagen and vitamin A to smooth fine lines while restoring skin elasticity.
VOLUME: 80 ML
$22 on sale at $14.30 www.jolse.com
$20.90 on sale at $19.86 www.yesstyle.com
$26.98 at www.joom.com
- Softens and conditions dry, fatigued skin for a youthful looking complexion.
- It is steadily absorbed by the skin, instantly boosting the moisture level of the skin.
- It contains a stable form of Vitamin A thus is absorbed by the skin without irritation.
- Stimulates production of new skin cells to reset and return your skin to a healthy, balanced state.
RETINYL PALMITATE 11,000PPM – Stable form of Retinol, boosts collagen production and keeps your skin smooth, improves wrinkles, prevents acne and exfoliates dead skin cells.
FISH COLLAGEN 10,000PPM – improves skin elasticity and firmness, overall health and longevity.
ADENOSINE – maintains firmness as well as regenerates skin.
PANTHENOL – helps retain skin moisture and balances sebum production.
SUNFLOWER SEED OIL – strengthens the skin’s protective barrier while keeping it moisturized.
Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, 1,2-Hexanediol, Betaine, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Arachis Hypogaea (Peanut) Oil, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Polysorbate 60, Panthenol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Allantoin, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract, Yeast Extract, Lactobacillus Ferment, Xanthan gum, Fragrance, Adenosine
I apply an adequate amount of the product on my face and neck, spread smoothly. I use this only during evenings after cleansing, toning and serum and before masking.
THOUGHTS: I was able to list down my personal PROs and CONs after three weeks of using the product.
- I like the packaging. It looks elegant in its dark plastic bottle and has a sturdy pump. It’s not too bulky so it can easily fit into your beauty kit.
- The product contains fragrance but is very mild, enough to be soothing. It reminds of a gentle baby powder.
- The cream itself is extremely lightweight thus it is easily absorbed by the skin and it does not leave a tacky feeling.
- I was afraid to use this one at first since Retinol might be too harsh on my skin but this being formulated in Vitamin A’s stable form, it was perfect for my sensitive skin. No irritations felt whatsoever.
- There was noticeable smoothening on my forehead lines and lightening of my old dark spots.
- I noticed that I haven’t broken out in a while, ever since I incorporated this in my routine.
Is it acceptable that I cannot think of any CON?
RATING: 10/10. As I’ve said, anything that works on me, pleases me. I was so glad that I was given the chance to try this product and became my stepping stone into the world of Retinol. It does what a Retinol does without being harsh on the skin. If you’re hesitant to try Retinols like me, I suggest you start with this product first. I swear, it’s so gentle like any moisturizer but with the additional benefits.
REPURCHASE: ABSOLUTELY! Thank you so much to Tiam for giving me the chance!
*PR/Gifted but all thoughts are my own*